Here’s a 7 1/2 minute video post about our visit to Cape Range National Park and the Ningaloo Reef, in Western Australia. We had our first exposure to the “outback,”explored some beautiful gorges, saw some really unique wildlife, and did some fabulous snorkeling. We also learned about the impacts of climate change on coral reefs, and specifically what happened at Ningaloo from some friends we made at Australia’s Department of Parks and Wildlife.
Study Guide Questions:
1. What is the difference between a fringing reef and a barrier reef?
2. True or False: Coral is made by a plant.
3. Is white, bleached coral healthy?
4. What causes the bleaching of coral?
5. What is the name of a baby kangaroo?