Hi! I’m Lisa. These are my goals and what I think about myself when I approach Expedition Mentality.
Big Goals for the Source of Confidence Expedition:
- Support and respect the team through collaboration
- Gain confidence in my ability to set and hold personal boundaries
- Break overly-critical and negative thought patterns
- Gain confidence in sharing my ideas and creativity through the confidence-building curriculum and reflection posts
- Play guitar and seek out other musicians along the river
- Paddle the 4th longest river system in the world – with style!
What are you willing to sacrifice to accomplish your goals?
- Ego (by being vulnerable)
- Control (you win, nature)
- Lots and lots of time and energy, some $, some personal freedom, and some sleep (but not too much)
What are you not willing to sacrifice?
- Friendship with Alyce and Viki
- The integrity of the expedition and our mission
- Respect for how people we interact with are treated and portrayed in our work
- Personal values of respect, freedom, honesty, excellence, and optimism
What strengths are you bringing to the journey?
- Ability to excite and motivate others
- Commitment to acting with integrity, open-mindedness, and joy
- Ability to manifest vision by seizing opportunity
- Willingness to tackle difficult problems especially with regard to emotions and sensitive topics
- 600+ days of expedition experience
- Intentional and earnest in words
- Authenticity through music and humor
- A love of exploration
In what areas would you like support?
- Gaining confidence in my voice through writing – not letting perfectionism hold me back
- Time management – setting realistic expectations
- Recognizing when my tone-of-voice is conveying a different message than intended
- Patience – the cultivation of this elusive trait