Howdy! I’m Alyce and this is my perspective on Expedition Mentality.
Big Goals for the Source of Confidence Expedition:
- Canoe the 4th longest river system in the world
- Share the journey and experience with people along the route and via the internet
- Talk about the confidence building process in a vulnerable way
- Learn and grow through my relationships with Lisa and Viki
- Have fun living the river life
- Meet and connect with people who live along the route, learning about their lives along the rivers
- Learning to move forward from my anger and not hold onto resentments from the past
What are you willing to sacrifice to accomplish your goals?
- That everything must be perfect, or exactly the way I envisioned an idea from the start
- Energy, time, personal $ and sleep
- The parts of myself that get stuck in the past
What are you not willing to sacrifice to accomplish your goals?
- The overarching vision and mission of Source of Confidence
- Showcasing the raw and difficult moments of the expedition
- Having opportunities to meet and converse with people along the route
- My relationships with Lisa and Viki
What Strengths are you bringing to the expedition?
- Experience with expeditions of this magnitude and river travel
- An ability to keep the big picture and live in the moments.
- 500+ days of wilderness travel.
- A love of talking with people and spreading our message.
- An ability to share my energy and get others excited about SOC
In what areas would you like support?
- Patience with my need for time in processing my emotions and experiences
- Patience with my anger and the space for me to work through it
- I will work on saying: just an idea, though patience with interrupting my statements as declaratives
- The financial elements, especially the post expedition phase